Welcome to the... Mandatory Training for ALL Christian Leaders Eccl 10:10 (NIV) If the ax is dull and its edge unsharpened, more strength is needed but skill will bring success. BIBLICAL PEOPLE SKILLS SEMINAR …and all who aspire to develop their skills for greater success in life
30 BIBLICAL PEOPLE SKILL principles With 30 MEMORY PEGS...divided into 4 categories of 3, 6, 12 & 9 principles …to make it quick and easy to mentally recall the perfect principle/s to solve a specific problem Dan 2:14 (NIV) When Arioch, the commander of the king's guard, had gone out to put to death the wise men of Babylon, Daniel spoke to him with wisdom and TACT.
The First 9 of 30 MEMORY PEGS (theyre easy to remember, because they rhyme) One is Bun Two is Shoe Three is Tree Four is Door Five is Jive Six is Licks Seven is Heaven Eight is Plate Nine is Line
FIRST CATEGORY Biblical People Skill principles FUNDAMENTAL TECHNIQUES TO ALWAYS USE IN ALL YOUR DEALINGS WITH PEOPLE
1. DONT CRITICIZE, CONDEMN OR COMPLAIN. Memory Peg # ONE - BUN Three Cs on a bun.
2. GIVE HONEST, SINCERE APPRECIATION. Memory Peg # TWO - SHOE Clapping appreciating hands coming out a pair of shoes.
3. AROUSE IN THE OTHER PERSON AN EAGER WANT. Memory Peg # THREE - TREE A wanted poster hanging on a tree.
SECOND CATEGORY Biblical People Skill principles WAYS TO CREATE A MORE POSITIVE IMAGE (of yourself and thereby of your church)
4. BECOME GENUINELY INTERESTED IN OTHER PEOPLE. Memory Peg # FOUR - REVOLVING DOOR The people in this jammed door need someone to become genuinely interested in their problem.
5.SMILE. Memory Peg # FIVE - JIVE Two smiling people jiving together.
Always give every person a warm smile, Take it from one who knows. King Smiley because a smile lets The SON shine through to brighten the lives of all those around us. By sowing daily smiles youll reap a happier environment to live in. Smart man!!
6. REMEMBER THAT A PERSONS NAME IS TO THAT PERSON THE SWEETEST AND MOST IMPORTANT SOUND IN ANY LANGUAGE. Memory Peg # SIX - LICKS A tongue licking a name plate.
7. BE A GOOD LISTENER. ENCOURAGE OTHERS TO TALK ABOUT THEMSELVES. Memory Peg # SEVEN - HEAVEN Headphones for listening rolling down the stairway of heaven.
8. TALK IN TERMS OF THE OTHER PERSONS INTEREST. Memory Peg # EIGHT - PLATE An interesting talking mouth engraved on a plate.
9. MAKE THE OTHER PERSON FEEL IMPORTANT - AND DO IT SINCERELY. Memory Peg # NINE - TELEPHONE LINE Joe is sincerely making the other person on the telephone line feel important.
THIRD CATEGORY Biblical People Skill principles WAYS TO WIN PEOPLE TO GOD'S WAY OF THINKING
10. THE ONLY WAY TO GET THE BEST OF AN ARGUMENT IS TO AVOID IT. Memory Peg # TEN - PEN The smart pig in the pig-pen walks away from the grouch to avoid further argument.
11. SHOW RESPECT FOR THE OTHER PERSONS OPINION. NEVER SAY, YOURE WRONG! Memory Peg # ELEVEN - KEVIN This smart kid always shows respect towards his parents.
12. WHEN YOU ARE WRONG, ADMIT IT QUICKLY AND EMPHATICALLY. Memory Peg # TWELVE - SHELVE There is a sign on the shelf which reads, I admit that I am wrong!
13. BEGIN IN A FRIENDLY WAY. Memory Peg # THIRTEEN - HURTING The good Samaritan begins in a friendly way as he helps the hurting victim.
14. GET THE OTHER PERSON SAYING, YES, YES IMMEDIATELY. Memory Peg # FOURTEEN - SORTING You are sorting out pairs of cards and find the two saying, Yes, Yes!
15. LET THE OTHER PERSON DO A GREAT DEAL OF THE TALKING. Memory Peg # FIFTEEN - DRIFTING In the drifting dinghy is an interested husband listening to his talkative wife.
16. LET THE OTHER PERSON FEEL THAT THE IDEA IS HIS OR HERS. Memory Peg # SIXTEEN - MIXING A mixing bowl with someone elses idea bulb in it.
17. TRY HONESTLY TO SEE THINGS FROM THE OTHER PERSONS POINT OF VIEW. Memory Peg # SEVENTEEN - SEVERING Youre severed from the good view others can see (i.e. youre not in a position to see what theyre seeing).
18. BE SYMPATHETIC WITH THE OTHER PERSONS IDEAS AND DESIRES. Memory Peg # EIGHTEEN - GRATING Be sympathetic for the person who grated the cheese right down to his fingers.
19. APPEAL TO THE NOBLER MOTIVES. Memory Peg # NINETEEN - SIGNING # NINETEEN - SIGNING A sixteenth century nobleman signing a document with a quill (feather) pen.
20.DRAMATIZE YOUR IDEAS. Memory Peg # TWENTY - SENTRY The Englishman sentry dramatizes his marching outside the Queens palace.
21. THROW DOWN A CHALLENGE. Memory Peg # TWENTY ONE - DUELLING GUN A duelling gun with a flag stick in its barrel and the word challenge printed on the cloth.
FOURTH CATEGORY Biblical People Skill principles WAYS TO CORRECT A PROBLEM WITHOUT CAUSING OFFENCE OR AROUSING RESENTMENT These last 9 Memory Pegs are ACTION MEMORY PEGS
22. BEGIN WITH PRAISE AND HONEST APPRECIATION. Memory Peg # TWENTY TWO - DANCING SHOES These are those Gospel shoes beginning to praise God in the dance.
23. CALL ATTENTION TO PEOPLES MISTAKES INDIRECTLY. Memory Peg # TWENTY THREE - FALLING TREE The landlord reprimands the axe, not the lumberjack, who made the mistake of felling the wrong tree.
24. TALK ABOUT YOUR OWN MISTAKES BEFORE CORRECTING OTHERS. Memory Peg # TWENTY FOUR - CLOSING DOOR Small talking toddlers sometimes make the mistake of closing a door onto their own fingers.
25. ASK QUESTIONS INSTEAD OF GIVING DIRECT ORDERS. Memory Peg # TWENTY FIVE - LIVELY JIVE Ask your partner questions about the steps of the lively jive.
26. LET THE OTHER PERSON SAVE FACE. Memory Peg # TWENTY SIX - LICKING DOG Rescue the little boy from the licking Great Dane to save his face.
27. HEARTILY PRAISE THE SLIGHTEST IMPROVEMENT AND LAVISHLY PRAISE EVERY IMPROVEMENT. Memory Peg # TWENTY SEVEN - DESCENDING HEAVENLYJERUSALEM The new heavenly Jerusalem is a big improvement on the old, because it is filled with praise.
28. GIVE A PERSON A FINE REPUTATION TO LIVE UP TO. Memory Peg # TWENTY EIGHT - BREAKING PLATES Greeks have a fine reputation for breaking plates.
Memory Peg # TWENTY NINE - BROKEN TELEPHONE LINE 29. USE ENCOURAGEMENT - MAKE THE FAULT SEEM EASY TO CORRECT. Encourage the wearied telephone technician to persist till he discovers the fault.
30. MAKE THE OTHER PERSON HAPPY ABOUT DOING THE THING YOU SUGGEST. Memory Peg # THIRTY - GETTING DIRTY The little boys are so happy because daddy said we can get as dirty as we like, provided we dig a compost pit for him.