Presentation on theme: "Answers are on the last slide."— Presentation transcript:
1Answers are on the last slide. ReviewAnswers are on the last slide.
21. A medical researcher needs 6 people to volunteer to test the effectiveness of an experimental drug.If 13 people have volunteered for the test, inhow many ways can 6 people be chosen?
3How many different 4-letter passwords can be formed from the letters A, B, C, D, E, F, and Gif no repetition of letters is allowed?
4The model of the car you are thinking of buying is available in nine different colors and threedifferent styles (hatchback, sedan, or station wagon).In how many ways can you order the car?
54. An ice-cream store sells 2 drinks (soda or milk shakes), in four sizes (small, medium, large, or jumbo), andfive flavors (vanilla, strawberry, chocolate, coffee, orpistachio). In how many ways can a customer order adrink?
65. Telephone numbers in the United States begin with 3-digit area codes followed by 7-digit local telephonenumbers. Area codes and local telephone numberscannot begin with 0 or 1. How many differenttelephone numbers are possible?
76. You and 19 of your friends have decided to form an internet marketing consulting firm. The group needsto choose 3 officers – a CEO, an operating manager,and a treasurer. In how many ways can thoseoffices be filled?
87. How many ways can you select 6 free videos from a list of 200 videos?
98. In a race in which there are 50 runners and no ties, in how many ways can the first three finishers comein?
109. A 3-person committee is needed to study ways to improving public transportation. How manycommittees could be formed from the 8 people onthe board of supervisor?
11In poker, a person is dealt 5 cards from a standard 52-card deck. The order in which youare dealt 5 cards does not matter. How many different5-card poker hands are possible?
1211. You are taking a multiple-choice test that has 5 questions 11. You are taking a multiple-choice test that has 5 questions. Each of the questions has 3 choices, with 1 correct choice per question. If you select one of these options per question and leave nothing blank, in how many ways can you answer the questions?
1312. To win at LOTTO in the state of Florida, one must correctly select 6 numbers from a collection of53 numbers (1-53). The order in which theselection is made does not matter. How manydifferent selections are possible?
14A die is rolled once. Find the probability of getting a number less than 5.
1514. If you are dealt one card from a standard 52-card deck, find the probability of being dealtthe king of hearts.
1615. Florida’s lottery game, LOTTO, is set up so that each player chooses six different numbers from 1 to 53.If the 6 numbers chosen match the 6 numbersdrawn randomly twice weekly, the player wins (orshares) the top prize. With one LOTTO ticket, whatis the probability of winning the prize?
1716. In 2001, Americans spent nearly 18 billion dollars on lotteries set up by revenue-hungry states. If a person buys 5000 different tickets in Florida’s LOTTO, (refer to previous problem), what is his probability of winning?
1817. What is the probability of a family having 9 girls in a row?