1RISO Kagaku Corp Overseas Technical Department HC 5000Technical Support Launch MeetingRISO Kagaku CorpOverseas Technical Department
2Table of Contents 1. Preparation of Service tools 2. Scan & Copy mode Section:1. Preparation of Service tools2. Scan & Copy mode3. Machine Transportation4. HC Technical Update5. Service cost and Maintenance schedule6. Waste Ink collection7. Limited capability of HC50008. Service manpower9. Field Support10. Handling of Print head11. Control of the License of PS7R12. Service Report
31. Preparation of Service tools Required Special tools for HCAdjustment requires Laptop PCStarter parts stock
41. Preparation of Service tools Special Tools can be purchased from RKC Parts CenterPart NumberPart NameRemarkX-7601Torque Driver; RTD120CNTighten Print Head to the specified torque of 9.0 kgf*cm.X-7607Screw Driver bitStandard bit for Torque Driver+2X150mmBP Support StandJig for holding BP Transfer unit when replacing Transfer Belt.CF Card; 512MB512MB Compact FlashFor Upgrading Firmware programCF Card ReaderCF Reader adopted USB2.0With 1.5m USB Extension CableX-400JK WiperCleaning wipe for inside the machine, leaves no fiber or paper residue.HC Calibration ChartFor Calibration of Portable Scanner during image adjustmentCarry handleFor raising and moving the machine when machine setup. This is the same as Carry handle for V8.Intlock Jig3For deactivating the interlock switch to operate the machine with taking off Front cover and Inner cover.Intlock Jig4
51. Preparation of Service tools Special Tools to be purchased locallyDescriptionRemarkLaptop PCRequired Equipment2 X USB2.0 Ports,Win2000/XP,XGA DisplayFor Upgrading Firmware and Image AdjustmentPortable FB ScannerCanon LiDE50 oror LiDE35For Image Adjustment with Auto Image Adjustment SoftwareMagnifier (10X)For inspection of printing ProblemSyringe (20mm)For removing Ink of Overflow Tank when Overflow is occurred.Plastic tube(F6mmX100mm)For connecting Syringe with Overflow Tank.
61. Preparation of Service tools Image Adjustment with Auto-adjustment softwareRequired itemsLaptop PCPortable FB ScannerCalibration chartRISO HC Matt Paper A4RISO HC Matt Paper A3Auto-adjustment is not required at the machine installation. But please get experienced to use the software before you need.
71. Preparation of Service tools Starter spare parts List(1/3)Based on 100 units of fieldPart NumberPart NameRecommend StockPRINT HEAD6HEAD DRIVER PCB1RIBBON CABLE2ID UNITVALVE 1VALVE 2RESERVOIR KRESERVOIR CRESERVOIR MRESERVOIR YOVERFLOW TANKPRESSURE PUMPPHOTOINTERRUPTBOTTLE JOINT KBOTTLE JOINT CBOTTLE JOINT MBOTTLE JOINT YIB COVER SWITCHCLEANING UNITSUCTION HEADSUCTION CHAMBERSUCTION PUMP UNITSUCTION TUBEPUMP FILTER10
81. Preparation of Service tools Starter spare parts List(2/3)Part NumberPart NameRecommend StockSPONGE ROLLER5DPX ROLLER1MICRO SWITCH2DUPLEX BELT UDUPLEX BELT LBP TRANSFER BELTBP TRANSFER MOTORCLEANING ROLLER10LIFT GEAR UNITLIFT WORM GEARCCD UNITCCD SENSOR4MAIN MOTORREGIST ROLLER LREGIST ROLLER UREGIST CLUTCHPAPER FEED CLUTCHDPX CLUTCHDUST FAN2CCD AD CONV PCBORIP PCBORMC PCB
91. Preparation of Service tools Starter spare parts List(3/3)Part NumberPart NameRecommend StockMOTOR DRV PCB4POWER SUPPLY1FUSE15FUSE2FUSE3INK COVERINK DRAIN TANK10PUMP SPONGEPM KITID UNIT_MYHC CONTROL PCB SMAINBOARD;PS7RHDD;PS7R(G)2
101. Preparation of Service tools Questionnaires1) Are you ready with the following Tools/Jigs?Tools/JigsCheckQtyRemarkFor machine setupCarry handleReady/Not readyCF Card/CF Card reader/ MaintenanceLaptop PCFor maintenancePortable scannerTorque DriverSyringeLint free tissue2) Auto image adjustmentQuestion: Have you tried Auto image adjustment with your HC and your laptop PC?Answer:3) Starter parts order for HCQuestion: Have you already issued an order of spare parts for HC?Answer:
112. Scan&Copy mode Required items Setting up Service Epson scanner ELO Touch panelHC Scanner connection kitSetting upRefer to “PS7R Scanner Connection Kit Installation Procedure”.ServiceRKC does not take care of the maintenance support for Epson Scanner and Touch Panel.
12HC Scanner connection kit 2. Scan & Copy modeHC Scanner connection kitContents:128MB DIMM for PS7RUSB CableLicense Label (serial number for Scan mode)RISO Scan utility software CD(Software to use Epson scanner as a Network scanner)
152. Scan&Copy mode Questionnaires 4) To use Scan&Copy mode on HC, Epson scanner and Touch Panel are required.Questions:Epson ScannerELO Touch PanelDo you have these items for DEMO room?Do your sales reps recommend these items to the customer?Where (Whom) do customers buy from?)Who is responsible for repairing these items?
163. Machine transportation Machine installationDo not tilt HC5000 more than 20 degreeIf there in no elevator in the building,a crane truck is needed for machine installation.
173. Machine transportation Moving machineRepack the machine if moved after unpackedDo not throw away repacking item (Wire tie and PP band)
183. Machine Transportation Questionnaires5) About moving machineQuestions:Yes/NoDo you remove HC Demo machine for demonstration outside?Do you have Carry Handles for HC?Do you have the packing items for moving HC?In general, the HC machine is unpacked at customer site or your office?
19Major problem in out-of box checking 4. HC Technical UpdateMajor problem in out-of box checking1) Yellow ink clogging2) Damaged Print HeadMajor problem in the field3) W / S04-3074) X02-210,X Paper jam by paper dust5) S Transfer Belt Motor Lock
204. HC Technical Update1) Y ink cloggingThe surface of Print Head may dry up during machine transit. Then the machine requires several time of head cleaning operation to get complete image. To save cleaning ink, we have changed machine installation procedure.GoodNo Good
21(Ref. HCT-014) 4. HC Technical Update 2) Damaged Print Head by Paper Guide on Cleaning UnitTo prevent Paper Guide on Cleaning Unit from coming out, Cleaning Unit has been modified.(Ref. HCT-014)(New type)Paper Guide(Old type)
224. HC Technical Update 3) W99-315 /S04-307 W99-315 Ink level is low When air comes slightly in Ink Distribution unit, the surface of ink gets down and W displays. Usually the surface rises back after Head Cleaning.S OverflowWhen too much air comes in Ink Distribution unit, ink goes down to Reservoir. When Reservoir gets overflowed, S displays.
23ID Electro-magnetic Valve 4. HC Technical Update3) W /S04-307Possible parts of air-leakageID Electro-magnetic ValvePrint HeadReservoirID UnitID Electro-magnetic Valve is now renewed for better air-sealing.Even so, when this problem occurs, please replace the ID electro-magnetic Valve.
244. HC Technical Update 4) X02-210,X02-212 Paper jam by paper dust Like RISO Printer, Sensor mis-detects paper jamby paper dust.Cleaning Sensor around 2nd paper feeding area is requiredevery 300k pages.Top Edge SensorRegist Sensor
254. HC Technical Update 5) S02-204 Transfer Belt Motor Lock Not only surface but also the back side of BP transfer Belt requires cleaning.Otherwise you will get S (Transfer Belt Motor Lock) or blurring image.
265. Service cost and maintenance schedule HC Maintenance ScheduleRefer to HC Preventive Maintenance Schedule.
275. Service cost and maintenance schedule HC Service CostRefer to RKC’s proposal of “HC Maintenance cost Estimate”.
285. Service cost and maintenance schedule Questionnaires6) Regarding Service ContractQuestion: Do you have any Service contract menu for RISO Printer?Answer:Question: Do you have any Service contract menu for HC?Answer:
296. Waste Ink collection HC5000 makes Waste ink. Who disposes of the ink tank?The customer pays for the ink disposal cost?Does your service contract cover the cost?Please consider Waste ink collection system.
306. Waste ink collection Questionnaires 7) Ink bottle/ Ink tank collectionQuestion: Have you made Ink Bottle collection system in your country?Answer:Question: Who will replace Waste Ink tank?Answer:Question: Where will Waste Ink tank be sent to?Answer:Question: Who/how dispose of collected Waste Ink?Answer:
317. Limited capability of HC5000 1) Paper restriction2) Ripping /Printing speed3) Temperature /Humidity
327. Limited capability of HC5000 1) Paper restrictionNo curled paper / No wavy paperNo thick paperNo envelopeEven if above paper can feed without paper jam, Print Head gets damage.Basic specification of Paper weightStandard PF Tray 46g/m g/m2Paper feed Trays 52g/m g/m2
337. Limited capability of HC5000 2) Ripping /Printing speedMaximum pages of one print job1500 pages maximum in case of A4 sizeRipping speed/Printing speedWe don’t recommend to sell HC5000 to a customer who wants variable printing with high-speed.
347. Limited capability of HC5000 HC Printing process 1/2PS7RHC5000PCCPUHDDPrinter DriverImage Processing31Image data4Spooler26JobMemoryUSB2.05Making a print jobProcessing speed depends on the performance of PCSending the job to PS7RPostScript data is stored on HDDProcessing image dataPS data is changed to image data-The job with many pages-600 dpi Printing take long time-Line smoothingex.) Ripping time of HC user's guide (189Pages). 300X300dpi Line smoothing ON => 43min. 300X300dpi Line smoothing OFF=> 9min. 300X600dpi Line smoothing ON => 77min. 300X600dpi Line smoothing OFF=> 16min.
357. Limited capability of HC5000 HC Printing process 2/2PS7RHC5000PCCPUHDDPrinter DriverImage Processing31Image data4Spooler26JobMemoryUSB2.05Store image dataRegardless print job type, image data is produced as A4 size.To store image data, HDD spends approx. 20MB/page.Maximum page is 1500 pages. (=30GB/ 20MB) *A4 sizeSending the image data to HC5000Image data on HDD sends to HC main PCB by USB cable.The transfer speed is slower than HC printing speed.PrintingPrinting speed is set as paper size and paper type, but.When data on HC main PCB is empty, HC has to wait for the image data from PS7R.
367. Limited capability of HC5000 2) Ripping /Printing speedMaximum pages of one print job1500 pages maximum in case of A4 sizeRipping speed/Printing speedWe don’t recommend to sell HC5000 to a customer who wants variable printing with high-speed.HC5000 can print with High speed same original like Risograph.Variable, Duplex and Booklet printing with many pages make HC5000 slow.
377. Limited capability of HC5000 Temperature / HumidityTemperature range:15°C to 30°CLow temp. may stop the machine until ink warms up.High temp. may stop the machine until Print Head gets cool down.Humidity range:40% to 70%Change of humidity may make paper curl.
38HC technical field data in Japan Direct sales only as of March, 2005 8. Service ManpowerHC technical field data in JapanDirect sales only as of March, 20051. Average Monthly copy volume 33,000 copies2. Calls between copies 45,000 copies3. Defective Ratio 40%4. Mean time to repair 69 min.
398. Service Manpower Mean time to repair Defective Ratio Existing RISO Machines approx. 35min.HC approx. 69min.2timesDefective RatioExisting RISO Machines approx. 16%HC approx. 40%2.5timesAll totaled, 5times heavier350 RISO machines≒70 HC’s
409. Field supportA technician who takes care of HC must pass HC Technical Training.
419. Field support Questionnaires 8) HC Technical Training If not yet, Question: Have you finish HC technical training? How many trainees took?Answer:If not yet,Question: When is HC technical training held?Answer:
4210. Handling of Print Head Warranty condition RKC warrants parts on the machine for 14 months from BL Date except the following consumable parts.-Rubber Roller-Stripper Pad-Pickup Roller-Exit Roller-Belts-Filter Sponge-Cleaning Roller-Cleaning Ink TankRKC warrants Print Head as a spare part for 6 months from shipping date.Prevention of resale to a wrong channel
4311. Control of the License of PS7R PS7R is designed to control the Adobe license by Hardware-key (Dongle)Dongle as spare part does not include Adobe license. Do not sell to a wrong channel.
44HC displays Error code in 6-9 digits. Ex.) S98-032-Y21 12. Service ReportError codeHC displays Error code in 6-9 digits.Ex.) S Y21Please check if your service systemaccept 9 digits error code.Service report form, Service data base…