Presentation on theme: "RISO Kagaku Corp Overseas Technical Department. Table of Contents Section: 1. Preparation of Service tools 2. Scan & Copy mode 3. Machine Transportation."— Presentation transcript:
RISO Kagaku Corp Overseas Technical Department
Table of Contents Section: 1. Preparation of Service tools 2. Scan & Copy mode 3. Machine Transportation 4. HC Technical Update 5. Service cost and Maintenance schedule 6. Waste Ink collection 7. Limited capability of HC Service manpower 9. Field Support 10. Handling of Print head 11. Control of the License of PS7R 12. Service Report
Required Special tools for HC Adjustment requires Laptop PC Starter parts stock 1. Preparation of Service tools
Special Tools can be purchased from RKC Parts Center Part Number Part Name Remark X-7601 Torque Driver; RTD120CN Tighten Print Head to the specified torque of 9.0 kgf*cm. X-7607 Screw Driver bit Standard bit for Torque Driver +2X150mm BP Support Stand Jig for holding BP Transfer unit when replacing Transfer Belt CF Card; 512MB 512MB Compact Flash For Upgrading Firmware program CF Card Reader CF Reader adopted USB2.0 With 1.5m USB Extension Cable For Upgrading Firmware program X-400 JK Wiper Cleaning wipe for inside the machine, leaves no fiber or paper residue HC Calibration Chart For Calibration of Portable Scanner during image adjustment Carry handle For raising and moving the machine when machine setup. This is the same as Carry handle for V Intlock Jig3 For deactivating the interlock switch to operate the machine with taking off Front cover and Inner cover Intlock Jig4
1. Preparation of Service tools Special Tools to be purchased locally DescriptionRemark Laptop PC Required Equipment 2 X USB2.0 Ports, Win2000/XP, XGA Display For Upgrading Firmware and Image Adjustment Portable FB Scanner Canon LiDE50 or or LiDE35 For Image Adjustment with Auto Image Adjustment Software Magnifier (10X)For inspection of printing Problem Syringe (20mm)For removing Ink of Overflow Tank when Overflow is occurred. Plastic tube ( 6mmX100mm) For connecting Syringe with Overflow Tank.
1. Preparation of Service tools Required items Laptop PC Portable FB Scanner Calibration chart RISO HC Matt Paper A4 RISO HC Matt Paper A3 Auto-adjustment is not required at the machine installation. But please get experienced to use the software before you need. Image Adjustment with Auto-adjustment software
1. Preparation of Service tools Starter spare parts List(1/3) Based on 100 units of field Part NumberPart NameRecommend Stock PRINT HEAD HEAD DRIVER PCB RIBBON CABLE ID UNIT VALVE VALVE RESERVOIR K RESERVOIR C RESERVOIR M RESERVOIR Y OVERFLOW TANK PRESSURE PUMP PHOTOINTERRUPT BOTTLE JOINT K BOTTLE JOINT C BOTTLE JOINT M BOTTLE JOINT Y IB COVER SWITCH PHOTOINTERRUPT CLEANING UNIT SUCTION HEAD SUCTION CHAMBER SUCTION PUMP UNIT SUCTION TUBE PUMP FILTER 10
1. Preparation of Service tools Starter spare parts List(2/3) Part NumberPart NameRecommend Stock SPONGE ROLLER DPX ROLLER MICRO SWITCH DUPLEX BELT U DUPLEX BELT L BP TRANSFER BELT BP TRANSFER MOTOR CLEANING ROLLER LIFT GEAR UNIT LIFT WORM GEAR CCD UNIT CCD SENSOR MAIN MOTOR REGIST ROLLER L REGIST ROLLER U REGIST CLUTCH PAPER FEED CLUTCH DPX CLUTCH DUST FAN CCD AD CONV PCB ORIP PCB ORMC PCB2
1. Preparation of Service tools Starter spare parts List(3/3) Part NumberPart NameRecommend Stock MOTOR DRV PCB POWER SUPPLY FUSE FUSE FUSE INK COVER INK DRAIN TANK PUMP SPONGE PM KIT ID UNIT_MY HC CONTROL PCB S MAINBOARD;PS7R HDD;PS7R(G)2
1. Preparation of Service tools Questionnaires 1) Are you ready with the following Tools/Jigs? Tools/JigsCheckQtyRemark For machine setupCarry handleReady/ Not ready For machine setupCF Card/CF Card reader Ready/ Not ready For machine setup / Maintenance Laptop PCReady/ Not ready For maintenancePortable scanner Ready/ Not ready For maintenanceTorque DriverReady/ Not ready For maintenanceSyringeReady/ Not ready For maintenanceLint free tissueReady/ Not ready 2) Auto image adjustment Question: Have you tried Auto image adjustment with your HC and your laptop PC? Answer: 3) Starter parts order for HC Question: Have you already issued an order of spare parts for HC? Answer:
2. Scan&Copy mode Required items –Epson scanner –ELO Touch panel –HC Scanner connection kit Setting up –Refer to PS7R Scanner Connection Kit Installation Procedure. Service –RKC does not take care of the maintenance support for Epson Scanner and Touch Panel.
2. Scan & Copy mode HC Scanner connection kit Contents: –128MB DIMM for PS7R –USB Cable –License Label (serial number for Scan mode) –RISO Scan utility software CD (Software to use Epson scanner as a Network scanner)
2. Scan&Copy mode Questionnaires 4)To use Scan&Copy mode on HC, Epson scanner and Touch Panel are required. Questions: Epson ScannerELO Touch Panel Do you have these items for DEMO room? Do your sales reps recommend these items to the customer? Where (Whom) do customers buy from?) Who is responsible for repairing these items?
3. Machine transportation Machine installation –Do not tilt HC5000 more than 20 degree If there in no elevator in the building, a crane truck is needed for machine installation.
3. Machine transportation Moving machine Repack the machine if moved after unpacked Do not throw away repacking item (Wire tie and PP band)
3. Machine Transportation Questions:Yes/No Do you remove HC Demo machine for demonstration outside? Do you have Carry Handles for HC? Do you have the packing items for moving HC? In general, the HC machine is unpacked at customer site or your office? Questionnaires 5) About moving machine
Major problem in out-of box checking 1) Yellow ink clogging 2) Damaged Print Head Major problem in the field 3) W / S ) X02-210,X Paper jam by paper dust 5) S Transfer Belt Motor Lock 4. HC Technical Update
1) Y ink clogging The surface of Print Head may dry up during machine transit. Then the machine requires several time of head cleaning operation to get complete image. To save cleaning ink, we have changed machine installation procedure. machine installation procedure GoodNo Good
4. HC Technical Update 2) Damaged Print Head by Paper Guide on Cleaning Unit To prevent Paper Guide on Cleaning Unit from coming out, Cleaning Unit has been modified. (Ref. HCT-014) Paper Guide (Old type) (New type)
3) W /S W Ink level is low When air comes slightly in Ink Distribution unit, the surface of ink gets down and W displays. Usually the surface rises back after Head Cleaning. S Overflow When too much air comes in Ink Distribution unit, ink goes down to Reservoir. When Reservoir gets overflowed, S displays. 4. HC Technical Update
3) W /S Possible parts of air-leakage ID Electro-magnetic Valve Print Head Reservoir ID Unit ID Electro-magnetic Valve is now renewed for better air-sealing. Even so, when this problem occurs, please replace the ID electro-magnetic Valve.
4. HC Technical Update 4) X02-210,X Paper jam by paper dust Like RISO Printer, Sensor mis-detects paper jam by paper dust. Cleaning Sensor around 2 nd paper feeding area is required every 300k pages.
4. HC Technical Update 5) S Transfer Belt Motor Lock Not only surface but also the back side of BP transfer Belt requires cleaning. Otherwise you will get S (Transfer Belt Motor Lock) or blurring image.
5. Service cost and maintenance schedule HC Maintenance Schedule Refer to HC Preventive Maintenance ScheduleRefer to HC Preventive Maintenance Schedule.
5. Service cost and maintenance schedule HC Service Cost Refer to RKCs proposal of HC Maintenance cost Estimate.HC Maintenance cost Estimate
5. Service cost and maintenance schedule Questionnaires 6) Regarding Service Contract Question: Do you have any Service contract menu for RISO Printer? Answer: Question: Do you have any Service contract menu for HC? Answer:
6. Waste Ink collection HC5000 makes Waste ink. Who disposes of the ink tank? The customer pays for the ink disposal cost? Does your service contract cover the cost? Please consider Waste ink collection system.
6. Waste ink collection Question: Where will Waste Ink tank be sent to? Answer: Questionnaires 7) Ink bottle/ Ink tank collection Question: Have you made Ink Bottle collection system in your country? Answer: Question: Who will replace Waste Ink tank? Answer: Question: Who/how dispose of collected Waste Ink? Answer:
7. Limited capability of HC5000 1) Paper restriction 2) Ripping /Printing speed 3) Temperature /Humidity
7. Limited capability of HC5000 1) Paper restriction –No curled paper / No wavy paper –No thick paper –No envelope Even if above paper can feed without paper jam, Print Head gets damage. Basic specification of Paper weight Standard PF Tray 46g/m g/m2 Paper feed Trays52g/m g/m2
7. Limited capability of HC5000 2) Ripping /Printing speed Maximum pages of one print job 1500 pages maximum in case of A4 size Ripping speed/Printing speed We dont recommend to sell HC5000 to a customer who wants variable printing with high-speed.
CPU HDD PC Printer Driver Spooler PS7RHC5000 USB2.0 Job Memory Image Processing Image data Limited capability of HC5000 HC Printing process 1/2 4 1.Making a print job Processing speed depends on the performance of PC 2.Sending the job to PS7R PostScript data is stored on HDD 3.Processing image data PS data is changed to image data -The job with many pages -600 dpi Printing take long time -Line smoothing ex.) Ripping time of HC user's guide (189Pages). 300X300dpi Line smoothing ON => 43min. 300X300dpi Line smoothing OFF=> 9min. 300X600dpi Line smoothing ON => 77min. 300X600dpi Line smoothing OFF=> 16min. 6
CPU HDD PC Printer Driver Spooler PS7RHC5000 USB2.0 Job Memory Image Processing Image data Limited capability of HC5000 HC Printing process 2/2 4 4.Store image data Regardless print job type, image data is produced as A4 size. To store image data, HDD spends approx. 20MB/page. Maximum page is 1500 pages. (=30GB/ 20MB) *A4 size 5.Sending the image data to HC5000 Image data on HDD sends to HC main PCB by USB cable. The transfer speed is slower than HC printing speed. 6.Printing Printing speed is set as paper size and paper type, but. When data on HC main PCB is empty, HC has to wait for the image data from PS7R. 6
7. Limited capability of HC5000 2) Ripping /Printing speed Maximum pages of one print job 1500 pages maximum in case of A4 size Ripping speed/Printing speed We dont recommend to sell HC5000 to a customer who wants variable printing with high-speed. HC5000 can print with High speed same original like Risograph. Variable, Duplex and Booklet printing with many pages make HC5000 slow.
7. Limited capability of HC5000 Temperature / Humidity Temperature range:15°C to 30°C –Low temp. may stop the machine until ink warms up. –High temp. may stop the machine until Print Head gets cool down. Humidity range:40% to 70% Change of humidity may make paper curl.
HC technical field data in Japan Direct sales only as of March, Average Monthly copy volume33,000 copies 2. Calls between copies45,000 copies 3. Defective Ratio40% 4. Mean time to repair69 min. 8. Service Manpower
Mean time to repair Existing RISO Machinesapprox. 35min. HC5000approx. 69min. 2times Defective Ratio Existing RISO Machinesapprox. 16% HC5000approx. 40% 2.5times All totaled,5times heavier 350 RISO machines 70 HCs
A technician who takes care of HC must pass HC Technical Training. 9. Field support
8) HC Technical Training Question: Have you finish HC technical training? How many trainees took? Answer: Question: When is HC technical training held? Answer: If not yet, Questionnaires
10. Handling of Print Head Warranty condition RKC warrants parts on the machine for 14 months from BL Date except the following consumable parts. -Rubber Roller -Stripper Pad -Pickup Roller -Exit Roller -Belts -Filter Sponge -Cleaning Roller -Cleaning Ink Tank RKC warrants Print Head as a spare part for 6 months from shipping date. Prevention of resale to a wrong channel
11. Control of the License of PS7R PS7R is designed to control the Adobe license by Hardware-key (Dongle) Dongle as spare part does not include Adobe license. Do not sell to a wrong channel.
12. Service Report Error code HC displays Error code in 6-9 digits. Ex.) S Y21 Please check if your service system accept 9 digits error code. Service report form, Service data base…