From 1949-1957 in the "Hassalo House. From 1906 to 1930s in City Hall. From 1946 to 1949 in the Portland Hotel. From 1957 to 1992 Washington Park.
From 1981 to 1992, the Discovery Center, at 321 South Clinton Street.
1992-Present: 219,000 ft² science center 200-seat Kendall Planetarium 315-seat OMNIMAX theater (1st in the Northwest) The USS Blueback submarine 18.5 acres & $32 million donated Over 1 million annual visitors
1992-Present: 78,000 ft² science center 50-seat Silverman Planetarium 214-seat Bristol IMAX Omnitheater (1st in New York state) 2.5 acres & building owned by Onondaga County Over 200,000 annual visitors
Net Assets $28,000,000$4,000,000 Annual Visitors 1,000,000200,000 Staff 155 Full Time 600 Daily Volunteers 15 Full Time 10 Part Time 5 Daily Volunteers Physical Size 219,000 ft² 18.5 acres (owned by OMSI) 78,000 ft² 2.5 acres (owned by the County) Annual Events 2520 Age 115 years34 years
Concept developed by J.C. Stevens 1896 Series of impermanent/loaned locations 19061957 Washington Park Location 1992 Current location on the east bank of the Willamette River Approximately 600,000 visitors annually 1949 Hassalo House Northwests 1 st Planetarium. 25,000 visitors annually Mid 1980s Present Over 1 million visitors annuallyRanked as one of the top science centers in the United States Currently is a 219,000 ft² building with a Submarine, OMNIMAX theater, and Planetarium on 18.5 acres Concept developed by the Junior League, the National Council of Jewish Women, and the Technology Club. 1977 The Discovery Center Current location in Armory Square Over 200,000 visitors annuallyOne of Central New York's 7 magnet tourist attractions Currently is a 78,000 ft² building with an IMAX theater, and Planetarium on 2.5 acres 1981 1992 Present Over 42,000 visitors in the 1 st year