Presentation is loading. Please wait.

Presentation is loading. Please wait.

Minutes of Glebe House Reps Group Meeting We had this meeting on Tuesday 10 July 2012 At Glebe House, Forest Road, Loughborough Present - The People Who.

Similar presentations


Presentation on theme: "Minutes of Glebe House Reps Group Meeting We had this meeting on Tuesday 10 July 2012 At Glebe House, Forest Road, Loughborough Present - The People Who."— Presentation transcript:

1 Minutes of Glebe House Reps Group Meeting We had this meeting on Tuesday 10 July 2012 At Glebe House, Forest Road, Loughborough Present - The People Who Were At the Meeting David HillAmin Kafai Liz WilsonShaun Waltham Alex Potts (supporting)Andrew Cresswell Mary Mulonga (supporting)John Kershaw Mel Bailey (supporting)Inez Wardle Belinda Howard (supporting)Dan Forrester Bev Jakubas (minutes and supporting) 1. About this meeting Chairs for this meeting David Hill and Liz Wilson co-chairing Apologies - Who couldnt come to the Meeting Karen Jones, Lee Lahive Someone to write down the minutes Bev Jakubas People to do the Washing up Bev Jakubas and Liz Wilson

2 2. Minutes of Last Meeting We agreed that the minutes of the last meeting were right. 3. Government Cuts Inez had brought this up at the last meeting. The Reps agreed to bring anything they hear about the cuts to the meeting to talk about. Someone said Glebe House seems to be ok at the moment. David said the government had told the papers they may get rid of bus passes. Bev had some leaflets for us saying what the government is trying to do with social care. 4. Fundraising Involvement Dan has been helping with the Shelthorpe community garden. He has talked to B & Q and they have donated things to help out with this. Dan said B & Q would donate things to help any charity. Dan has taken part in fundraising when he was at Ashfield School. The Reps asked Bev if she could ask at the Management meeting to get someone like Tesco to sponsor Glebe House. The Reps talked about fundraising they had done in their services and areas like the annexe.

3 Shaun said CAP were trying to raise money for maybe a minibus for their service to go out more. They had raised money through a quiz. They wanted to hold a book stall and bric-a-brac on Loughborough Friday market and at Woodgate. If anyone has donations for these stalls can they contact Belinda or Jenny at Woodgate. Bev said Glebe House were thinking of organising a fun day. The Reps thought this was a good idea. Amin thought we should ask McDonalds to sponsor us as they charge a lot for their burgers! 5. Charnwood Action Group Bev asked the Reps if someone would like to be nominated as a Rep for the Charnwood Action Group. Can anyone interested let David, Liz or Bev know. They will arrange for you to go to a Charnwood Action Group meeting to see what happens there. Bev will get together with David to sort out some information for the Reps. 6. New Glebe House Property Shaun, Belinda and other Reps talked about the houses they had been to see. We agreed it was important to find the right house in the right area. When we buy the house it will need work doing on it, which will cost money. Glebe House has a budget to keep to.

4 There were some concerns about the area of Shelley Street in the feedback. Dan said lots of people have problems in the areas they live and he had, had some in the past. Dan said when we get a house we should have an Open Day and invite the neighbours to meet us and see what we do. We all agreed this was a good idea. The size, price and parking of the house on Shelley Street are all good. Johnny asked how much parking there was. Belinda told him there was space for 2 or 3 buses and maybe up to 8 cars. The Reps said wherever we went we would need to have disabled parking, staff parking and need out buildings for workskills. It was agreed wherever we moved we would need to feel safe and happy and so would people if they stayed for weekend breaks. Dan said we need a house that benefits all of us. We want the best!

5 7. Anything Else we want to Talk About Amin showed the Reps some leaflets about bullying. You can get these leaflets from the Moira Centre. Glebe House is working on a new accessible complaints form and support plan. Reps will be shown the draft forms so they can say what they think of them. Inez asked if she could have lots of pictures and symbols so she can understand them. Peter is sorting the roof in the annexe as it is still leaking now in a different place. David said he was going to step down as Chair at Christmas. He has been doing the job for a while and wants a rest from it. David will work with the new Chair to help them learn the job. David will work with Bev and Liz to draw up a job description and information pack for anyone who wants one. Reps need to let David or Liz know if they would like to be Chair. The Chair will be chosen by a vote at a future meeting. David told us we will be having some coloured cards at future meetings that we can hold up if we want to speak, have a question or dont understand. All Reps agreed this was a good idea. Bev will sort the cards out. The next meeting will be end of November or beginning of December. If Reps need to meet before then to talk about any changes at Glebe House or the new house, then the meeting will be held at an earlier date.

6 Date And Time Of The Next Meeting. Where The Meeting Will Be Held. End of November or beginning of December at Glebe House 190 Forest Road Loughborough Leicestershire LE11 3HU at Prefer an afternoon Liz Wilson David Hill If you would like to talk to somebody about these meetings please phone or write to David or Liz at the above address


Download ppt "Minutes of Glebe House Reps Group Meeting We had this meeting on Tuesday 10 July 2012 At Glebe House, Forest Road, Loughborough Present - The People Who."

Similar presentations


Ads by Google