Presentation on theme: "Campus Connectors Thursday, 10/18/12. Welcome and thank you for coming! A special welcome to Deb Schultz, new Office Assistant for the Physician Assistant."— Presentation transcript:
Campus Connectors Thursday, 10/18/12
Welcome and thank you for coming! A special welcome to Deb Schultz, new Office Assistant for the Physician Assistant department. This presentation and handouts will be posted on the website. Welcome!! 2
Worship/Prayer (Sharon) Survey Results (Salli) How-Tos/Tips (Tamara and Salli) Work/Life Balance Buffy Halvorsen Greg and Kim Steiner CC Perspectives (Amy) Closing (Amy) Agenda 3
6 Thank you so much for the great feedback! We had 65% of those who attended the last meeting respond. Two main themes surfaced that you would like more information on: -Microsoft Office products -Union specific topics Therefore, we are changing our line up of meetings 2 nd semester so that most of your topics will be covered. Also, the December event will be something you wont want to miss!
Meeting Dates/Times 7 Thu, 02/21/13 11:45 am – 12:45 pm Fashion for the Office, Organization Ideas, Ergonomics PDR Thu, 03/21/13 11:45 am – 12:45 pm Soup/Bread Social – Union Specific Topics Heartland Hall Thu, 04/18/13 4:00 pm – 5:30 pm Windows/Microsoft Office Training Computer Lab Depending on availability of speakers, we may do the Union specific topics in April and the training in March.
Survey Results 8 Advanced Degree Funding for Staff: In August, PC approved a Staff Advisory proposal for advanced degree funding for staff for next year ( ). Staff Advisory is planning to roll this out to employees probably in November. Advancement Tracks for Office Managers/Other Staff: Staff Advisory will be researching/focusing on this topic this year. Are any Office Managers particularly interested in these topics to serve as a contact for the Staff Advisory committee??? Please contact Becky Daniel.
How-Tos / Tips How-Tos / Tips (Copies of handouts and this presentation will be posted on the website)
Tamara 10 5 Ss of Speedy and Successful Relationship Building 1.Smile - Try to make whatever interaction you have with anyone a friendly and engaging one. 2.Solve - Listen to what others need and be proactive in creating solutions for them. 3.Snack - Get to know the tastes of those you work with and surprise them with a favorite treat when they least expect it. 4.Story - Be brave and ask your bosses how they got to where they are today-- their journey may surprise and inspire you. 5.Spread the good - Edify your coworkers and share the awesomeness of those you work with to build a stronger, happier team.
5 Tips in 5 minutes: Shortcuts for most Microsoft Office products Print Screen Outlook: Use tomorrow, next week, etc. instead of specific dates Outlook – Favorite Shortcuts Make it easy for your flash drive to be returned Salli 11
1. Shortcuts for most Microsoft Office products 12 - New document/ - Select All - Undo - Redo Okay, maybe these dont work in all products, but I just love them so had to include them: Grow-Increase/Shrink-decrease font: Grow-Increase + ] Shrink-Decrease + [ (Use in Word, PowerPoint, Outlook)
2. Take a screen capture (print screen) 13 To copy the entire screen Press PRINT SCREEN. To copy only an active window Press ALT+PRINT SCREEN. Some keyboards or mobile PCs that don't have the PRINT SCREEN button might use other keyboard combinations, such as FN+INSERT, to take a screen capture. Check the information that came with your computer or the manufacturer's website for more information. us/windows-vista/take-a-screen-capture- print-screen Once you have copied the screen/active window, you just need to go to Word, Outlook, etc. and Paste (CTRL+V)
3. Outlook: Use tomorrow, next week, etc. instead of specific dates 14 z z
4. Some Favorite Outlook 2010 Keyboard Shortcut Keys 15 CTRL+1: Switch to Mail. CTRL+2: Switch to Calendar. CTRL+3: Switch to Contacts. CTRL+4: Switch to Tasks. ALT+0: Show 10 days in the calendar. ALT+1: Show 1 day in the calendar. ALT+2: Show 2 days in the calendar. Etc.
5. Make it easy for your flash drive to be returned 16 On your flash drive, include a simple text file, readable by any computer, named – If found please return to
Managing Work/Home Balance Managing Work/Home Balance Speakers: Buffy Halvorsen and Greg & Kim Steiner
Next meeting is Thursday, 12/6 Variety Crafts and Cookie Exchange Rubber Stamping/Christmas Cards Gift Tiles Wreathes Collage Christmas Ornament Peanut Butter Snowman Fun Cookies Holiday Cupcakes Give-Aways Closing 19