Presentation on theme: "Quistons – and - answers ???. På dansk laver man en spørgende sætning ved at bruge omvendt ordstilling: bekræftende udsagn: Han spiser spørgende: Spiser."— Presentation transcript:
Quistons – and - answers ???
På dansk laver man en spørgende sætning ved at bruge omvendt ordstilling: bekræftende udsagn: Han spiser spørgende: Spiser han? Spiser (udsagnsleddet / verbet skifter plads) Quistons – and – answers 2
Quistons – and – answers 3 På engelsk laver man også en spørgende sætning ved at bruge omvendt ordstilling – Men Derudover skal en spørgende sætning altid indeholde et støtte udsagnsord (hjælpeudsagnsord eller mådesudsagnsord.) Hvis sætningen ikke indeholder et af støtte- udsagnsordene: have. be can may must shall will ………….. …skal støtte-udsagnsordet do/does/did indsættes
Bekræftende have – he has eaten the apple Be – she is happy Can – I can run May – we may smoke Must – he must go now Shall - we shall overcome Will – he will come soon Spørgende ???? Has he eaten the apple? Is she happy? Can I run? May we smoke? Must he go now Shall we overcome Will he come soon Quistons – and – answers 4
Quistons – and – answers 5 Bekræftende sætning uden støtte-udsagnsord I say You say She / he / says It cries We said You said They said Spørgende sætning Do I say? Do you say? Does he / she say? Does it cry? Did we say Did you say Did they say NB: Hjælpeudsagnsordet do / does / did forbindes altid med navnemåde
Spørge (hv..) ord engelske Who What Which Whose Where When how Danske Hvem Hvad Hvilken – hvilket – hvilke Hvis Hvor Hvornår hvordan
……samme regel for omskrivning med do / does / did gælder også for nægtende sætninger: We may smoke here we may not smoke here I walk alone I do not (dont) walk alone I went away I did (didnt) go away He sings he does not (doesnt) sing NB:
How to make a questions 1.Questionsbe (am, are, is)Questionsbe (am, are, is) 2. Questions without questions words and answersbe (am, are, is) Questions without questions words and answersbe (am, are, is) 3.Questions with questions words and answersQuestions with canQuestions with questions words and answersQuestions with can 4.Questions with haveQuestions with have 5.Questions with do, does –Questions with do, does – 6.Simple PresentQuestions with did, was, wereSimple PresentQuestions with did, was, were 7.Simple PastQuestions with who and whatSimple PastQuestions with who and what 8.Short answersExercisesShort answersExercises 9.QuestionsQuestions
1a) Yes/No questions - be Subject (grundled) and verb (udsagnsled) change their position in statement and question. Statement: You are from Germany. Question: Are you from Germany? We always use the short answer, not only: "Yes" or "No". This sounds rude.
1 b ) Yes/No questions - be Bemærk: If the answer is "Yes", we always use the long form. Example: Yes, I am. If the answer is "No", we either use the long No, I am not or the contrated form (short form). No, I'm not.
1 c ) Yes/No questions - be Areyou from Germany ? Yes,Iam. No,I am not. 'm not. Ishe your friend? Yes,heis. Are Peter and John from England? Yes,theyare.
2) Questions with question words - be Question word Verb (be) RestAnswer Whereareyou from?I'm from Stuttgart. Whatisyour name?My name is Peter. HowarePat and Sue?They're fine.
3) Yes/No Questions and short answers + have AuxiliarySubjectVerbRest Yes/N o Subject Auxiliary (+ n't) Haveyougota cat?Yes,Ihave. Haveyougot a new car? No,wehaven't. Has your brother gota bike?Yes,hehas. Doyouhavea cat?Yes,Ido. Doyouhave a new car? No,wedon't. Does your brother havea bike?Yes,hedoes. 3) Yes/No Questions and short answers - have
4) Questions with question words + have Question word AuxiliarySubjectVerbRestAnswer Wherehaveyougotyour ruler? I've got it in my pencil case. Wheredoyouhaveyour ruler? I have it in my pencil case.
5) Questions without question words in the Simple Present AuxiliarySubjectVerbRest Yes /No Subject Auxiliary (+ n't) Doyoureadbooks? Yes,Ido. No,Idon't. DoesPeterplayfootball?Yes,hedoes.
6) Questions with question words in the Simple Present Question word AuxiliarySubjectVerbRestAnswer Whatdoyouplay on your computer ? I play ga mes on my computer. Whendoesyour mothergoto work? She goes to work at 6 o'clock. Wheredoyoumeet your friends? I meet th em at the bus stop
7a) Questions without question words in the Simple Past AuxiliarySubjectVerbRest Yes/ No Subject Auxiliary (+ n't) DidMaxplayfootball? Yes,hedid. No,hedidn't. Didyouwatch the film yesterday? Yes,Idid. No,Ididn't.
7b) Questions without question words in the Simple Past men to beSubjectxxxRest Yes /No Subject Auxiliary (+ n't) Wereyou in Leipzig last week? Yes,Iwas. No,Iwasn't. BUT:
8) Questions with question words in the Simple Past Question word AuxiliarySubjectVerbRestAnswer Whatdidyoudo yesterday evening? I did my homework. Whendidshemeether boyfriend? She met him yesterday. Wheredidtheygo after the match? They went to a café.
8b) Questions with question words in the Simple Past Question word to beSubjectxxxxxRestAnswer Wherewereyou yesterday? I was at the cinema.
9) Subject question Question word VerbRestSubjectVerb Object - Place - Time Whoruns to the shop? Peterruns to the shop.
10a) Object question Question word AuxiliarySubjectVerbRestAnswer Whodoyoulike? I like my mum. WhodidMandyphonelast Monday? Mandy phoned her uncle