Presentation on theme: "Kinematic Equations Practice Problems. 1. An object starts from rest with a constant acceleration of 8.00 m/s/s along a straight line. Find the speed."— Presentation transcript:
Kinematic Equations Practice Problems
1. An object starts from rest with a constant acceleration of 8.00 m/s/s along a straight line. Find the speed at the end of 5.00 seconds.
2. An object starts from rest with a constant acceleration of 8.00 m/s/s along a straight line. Find the distance the object has travelled by 5.00 seconds.
3. A ball is dropped from rest at a height of 50.0 m above the ground. A. What is its speed just when it hits the ground? B. How long does it take to hit the ground?
4. A skier starts from rest and slides 9.0 meters down a slope in 3.0 seconds. A. What is the acceleration of the skier? B. In what time after starting will the skier attain a speed of 24 m/s? (Assume constant acceleration from part A)
5. A bus moving at a speed of 20.0 m/s begins to slow at a constant rate of 3.0 m/s each second. Find how far it will go before stopping.
6. A box slides down a hill with uniform acceleration. It starts from rest and attains a speed of 2.7 m/s in 3.0 seconds. Find the acceleration and then the distance moved in the first 6.0 seconds.
7. A car is accelerating as it passes two checkpoints that are 30.0 meters apart. The time taken between checkpoints is 4.0 seconds, and the cars speed at the first checkpoint is 5.0 m/s. Find the cars acceleration and then its speed at the second checkpoint.
8. A cars velocity increases uniformly from 6.0 m/s to 20.0 m/s while covering 70.0 m in a straight line. Find the acceleration and the time taken.
9. A train running along a straight track at 30.0 m/s is slowed uniformly to a stop in 44 s. Find the acceleration and the stopping distance.
10. A marble dropped from a bridge strikes the water in 5.0 seconds. Calculate the speed with which it strikes and the height of the bridge.
11. A stone is thrown straight downward with an initial speed of 8.0 m/s from a height of 25 m. Find the speed with which it strikes the ground and the time it takes.
12. A baseball is thrown straight upward with a speed of 30.0 m/s. How long will it rise? How high will it rise? How long after it leaves the hand will it return to its starting point? When will its speed be 16 m/s?