3Why midas FEA ? 10 Reasons for using midas FEA Functions What others can’tmidas FEA offersOutcomes1. Total Solution in Civil EngineeringThey are not designed to be used in Civil-oriented problems. Concrete / Steel / Composite / Cable Stayed Bridges Pier/ Abutment / Deck / Anchor Detail Analysis Plant Structures (Dam, LNG Tank Structure, Steel Reactor, etc) Marine and Offshore (Breakwater, Quay Wall, Tetrapod) and much more…Finally, a perfect nonlinear & detail analysis software has come to civil engineers!2. All in OneThey are specialized for certain analysis functions. Static Analysis Construction Stage Analysis Modal Analysis Linear Buckling Analysis Contact Analysis Heat Transfer Analysis Fatigue Analysis Reinforcement Analysis Cracking Analysis Transient / Frequency / Spectrum Response Analysis Material / Geometry Nonlinearity Analysis Interface Nonlinearity AnalysisAll Analysis Functions in One midas FEA.3. Intuitive 2D/3D ModelingThey can’t model complex 3D models; simplification required. Task-Oriented User Interface Geometry Based Modeling Simple and Quick Reinforcement Definition Various Automatic Interface Element Generation MethodsLearn program skills fast and create complex models easily.4. Robust Auto-meshingMeshing takes up a long time, and details can’t be modeled. 2D/3D Auto-mesh and Map-Mesh Generation Loop Mesher Tetra Mesher Grid Mesher Map Mesher Delaunay Mesher Hybrid MesherComprehensive detail modeling capability5. Various Material modelsThey have a limitation in element types and material models. All required material models and element types in Civil Engineering are provided.Parametric Study of different material behaviors
4Why midas FEA ? 10 Reasons for using midas FEA Functions What others can’tmidas FEA offersOutcomes6. Excellent Analysis PerformanceThey can’t provide Fast, Robust and Efficient analysis technology. Fastest analysis speed Linear Static Analysis of 64,000 elements = 649 SecAny complex models can be solved in a matter of hours (A solution in 24 Hrs)7. Effective Result VisualizationThey can’t deliver accurate and clear output results to users with simple graphic presentations. Various graphic visualization Animation capture capability Flying View Virtual Transformationmidas FEA provides very powerful and effective analysis report.8. Practical output functionsThey can’t provide practical result data to be used in design. Various specialized plots Result data tables Useful diagrams and graphs Report Force/Moment diagrams On-curve Diagram Settlement Profile Probe Result Crack Pattern & Element Status Extract resultsUser can check any desired results with minimum efforts.9. Leading TechnologyThey only provide a few applied project and verification examples. The largest civil analysis software developer in the world (TNO DIANA further enhances the status.) Reliable results Proven analysis stability Accumulated CAE technology over 15 years Real project applications Certification from various institutions Quality control systemSoftware developed by Industry Leading Companies(Midas-Diana)10. Extensive User SupportThey provide simple user support Local user support system 1:1 Consulting Web-based support system Q&A Board Technical documents Project examples Local Training Technical SeminarsWe guarantee the highest quality services to users.
51. Total Solution in Civil Engineering Bridge Engineering – From Entire Structure to DetailArch BridgeCable Stayed BridgeJoint DetailAnchor StabilityPSC DeckPier DeformationSteel-Conc. GirderPier TablePier FoundationCable Anchor
61. Total Solution in Civil Engineering More Applications – Offshore, Plant, Geotechnical, etcBreakwaterTetrapodDamDam Water StructureTemporary StructureBridge over TunnelTunnel Exit
72. All Analysis Functions in One midas FEA Analysis FeaturesAnalysis FeaturesStatic AnalysisConstruction Stage AnalysisModal AnalysisLinear Buckling AnalysisTransient / Frequency / Spectrum Response AnalysisMaterial / Geometry Nonlinearity AnalysisInterface Nonlinearity AnalysisReinforcement AnalysisCracking AnalysisStatic / Explicit Contact AnalysisHeat Transfer AnalysisFatigue Analysis
83. Intuitive 2D/3D Modeling Task-Oriented User InterfaceReinforcement/Tendon ModelingInterface Generation MethodExtractInterface
105. Various Material Models & Elements General Material Modelsvon MisesTrescaMohr-CoulombDrucker-PragerRankineUser-Supplied MaterialInterface ModelsCoulomb FrictionDiscrete CrackingCrack DilatancyBond-SlipCombinedVisco-Elastic ModelsKelvinCreep-Shrinkage (Design Code)Temperature-Dependent MaterialCracking ModelsTotal Strain CrackSmearedElement TypesCategoryElementsStructural1DTruss (Gap / Hook / Cable), Beam2DPlane Stress, Plane Strain, Axisymmetry, Plate, Shell (Qaud / Tria)3DBrick / Wedge / TetraNonstructuralConnectionGeneral Link, Rigid LinkMass SpringPoint, MatrixInterface3D Point, 2D, 3DReinforcementEmbedded Bar, Embedded Grid (Quad / Tria)Heat Transfer1D, 2D, 3D, Cooling Pipe, Thermal Link
116. Excellent Analysis Performance Multi-frontal Sparse Gaussian Solver BMTFE ModelSolid Element (Hexa Mesh)StaticStress analysis due to gravitySize27,000 Elements, 64,000 ElementsBoundaryNormal direction constraintsLoadSelf-weightSystem-Windows 2000 Server, CPU-Intel® XeonTM 2.80Hz Dual, RAM-4GBFEA27,000 Elements64,000 ElementsAny complex models can be solved in a matter of hours!
127. Effective Analysis Results Visualization Latest graphic technology- Multi-step Iso-surface- Built-in Animation- Flying ViewUser-definable settingClear and visibleFlying ViewContour with MeshContour with Feature EdgeContour with Iso-LineGradient Contour2-Color ContourGray Contour- Iso-surface- Clipping Plane- Slice Plane
13Crack Pattern (Disc Plot) 8. Practical Output Result FunctionsSymbols at Gauss PointsDisc Normal: Opening DirectionDisc Color : MagnitudeLine : Shearing DirectionProbe Result TagSpecial Output Functions Diagram and Probe result tag Table and Graph (MS-Excel Compatible) Crack Patten & Element StatusCrack Pattern (Disc Plot)Review any desired results with minimum efforts!
14Certificate of Verification 9. Leading TechnologyLargest civil analysis software developerProven Reliability over 5,000 real projectsIntensive quality control systemAnalysis functionality verified by various institutionsCertificate of VerificationDistribution Contract with JIP Techno Science CorporationStrategic Alliance with TNO DIANACo-development and Co-marketing in Europe & N. America
15midas FEA On-Line System 10. Extensive User Supportmidas FEA On-Line SystemLocal Support SystemWeb Support SystemConsultingTraining & SeminarsFast and AccurateUser-oriented SystemUseful materialsUpdate News: Newest updates about the program and release notes1:1 Consulting: 24 hr consulting support by phone orTechnical Documents: Various documents and papers for geotechnical engineeringDownload: Program, Online-manual, Tutorials and Purchase informationQ&A Board: Questions and answers for program usageFeatures Request: Reflect user’s requests for desired functionality in future releasesTraining: Schedule, Registration, Contents, On-line training movies and On-line on-demand demo/training