Presentation on theme: "Shops and Shopping. Aim: to recognize new words in the texts, understand their meanings and use them discussing the topic; to watch video for the main."— Presentation transcript:
Aim: to recognize new words in the texts, understand their meanings and use them discussing the topic; to watch video for the main ideas and specific information; to do tests on computers; to саrry on a conversation about shops and shopping.
tiny – very small to hug - to put your arms around someone to show love or friendship
Read and say: - who went shopping last Sunday; - who had a big basket; - what Susie had in her hands; - which shops the family visited; - what things the Brights bought that day; - why it is good to do the shopping together.
Dear Dad, Weve been in New York since Sunday. Weve seen all the sights and Ive taken lots of photos. And of course, weve been shopping. I havent bought very much, but Suzie has spent a fortune on presents. Shes gone to Century 21, a huge clothes shop. Shes been there for hours! Shes just sent me a text message. Shes tried on four pairs of trainers and six jackets! Love Amanda P.S. Have you fed my fish?
We use the present perfect 1 to talk about recent events and to give news 2 with for or since to say how long a situation has existed
1. Hi, Amanda. Century 21 is great! ________ (try) on four pairs of trainers and six jackets. __________(you\buy) anything?
1. Hi, Amanda. Century 21 is great! I have tried on four pairs of trainers and six jackets. Have you bought anything?
2. No, I. I must be careful – I (spend) enough money this week! Is Mum with you?
2. No, I havent. I must be careful – I have spent enough money this week! Is Mum with you?
3. No, she isnt. She (go) to the supermarket to buy some fruit. (Dad\phone) this afternoon?
3. No, she isnt. She has gone to the supermarket to buy some fruit. Has Dad phoned this afternoon?
4. I (not\speak) to Dad, but I (write) a postcard to him.
4. I have not spoken to Dad, but I have written a postcard to him.
Homework. Group A: Make a report about shopping in a supermarket. Write 10 sentences about your shopping habits. Group B: Make a report about shopping in your local shop. Make up 8 questions to ask your classmates. Group C: Write about shopping in a supermarket.