Presentation on theme: "Surveying the THRIVE Community One Year Later Results from Online Survey."— Presentation transcript:
Surveying the THRIVE Community One Year Later Results from Online Survey
Survey Development and Implementation
Response Rate: 80% response rate of the 40 individuals invited (32) 30 completed ENTIRE survey Responses: The survey yielded 463 quantitative responses coupled with an additional 290 comments. 70% of the respondents to the survey identified as non-funders with the other 30% identifying as funders for THRIVE.
Survey Results Key Themes
Fundraising and Funding THRIVE Core and Executive Director to be more aggressive in assisting individual sites and THRIVE as a whole in seeking funding opportunities and leveraging existing resources. Without a focus on funding, there is a general sentiment that the site-based and collective efforts of THRIVE will not advance.
Strategic Planning and Focus There is a general sentiment that the initiative is lacking focus and many within the THRIVE community do not feel informed on the strategic direction of the initiative.
Clarification of Roles Given there are many partners involved in THRIVE, there is lack in clarity and transparency of roles of each of the partners and in general, the leadership of THRIVE.
Survey Questions THRIVE Core Q1. Most respondents (34.4%) are not sure if their expectations have been met by the THRIVE core (i.e since hiring an executive director 1 year ago) 31.3% of respondents agree that their expectations have been met. Q2. Most respondents (37.5%) agree that the THRIVE core has provided satisfactory support to individual sites % are unsure if the support provided is satisfactory.
Survey Questions Executive Director Q3. Respondents rated the role of the core E.D. to be ranked in the following order: 1. Countywide Leadership (45.2%) 2. Promotional Representation (29.0%) 3. Convening and Facilitation and Managing Milestones, both (25.8%) 4. Solving Problems (25.8%) Q5. Respondents rated Anita Perez Fergusons strengths as the following, in order of ranking: 1.Promotional Representation (41.9%) 2.Convening and Facilitation (45.2%) 3.Countywide Leadership (25.8%) 4.Managing Milestones (32.3%) 5.Solving Problems (25.8%)- although an equal number of respondents felt that this area was not applicable
Survey Questions External Partners Q % of respondents disagree that they have observed a duplication of efforts between the THRIVE core, the sites and other partners. Q12. Respondents are not sure (29.0%) if expectations have been met with the formal partnership between THRIVE and Strive. 25.8% of people disagree that their expectations have been met, and 19.4% are not knowledgeable enough to answer this question. Q8. Respondents agree (29.0%) that having First 5 guiding the work of the collaboratives as ECE experts complicates the role for the 2 different models of collaboratives. An additional 19.4 % of respondents disagree and an additional 19.4% are not knowledgeable enough to answer.
Survey Questions THRIVE in the Community Q % of respondents agree that THRIVE is fulfilling its intentions of utilizing results based decision-making. Q17. 80% of respondents strongly agree (26.7%) or agree (53.3%) that THRIVE has created systemic change and sustainable results
Survey Questions Shifts in Strategy Q7. With an expanded focus of Cradle- to- Career, most respondents are not sure (32.3%) or disagree (35.5%) that THRIVE sites have the personnel and resources to achieve long term impact with the expanded focus. Q9. Most respondents (29.0%) are not sure if the multi-track models have more benefits than drawbacks for THRIVE, however 42.0% of respondents strongly agree (19.4%) or agree (22.6%) that there are more benefits than drawbacks.
Survey Questions Data for THRIVE Q % of respondents agree that additional outcome measures could be considered to enhance traditional analytics, meanwhile an additional 40% are not sure (20%) or disagree (20%). Q19. A majority of respondents 46.7% agreed that individual sites should be responsible for evaluative documentation, then reported to the core
Survey Questions New Developments for THRIVE Q % of respondents strongly agree ( 41.9%) or agree (29.0%) that the Leadership Council will add value to THRIVE. Q15. The continuing role for the founding partners should be as follows, in accordance with respondents rankings: 1.Create a separate funding board (40%) 2.Remain involved with guiding the core (36.7%) 3.Serve on the Leadership Council (26.7%) 4.Offer expertise to individual sites (50%) 5.60% of respondents felt other roles should be assumed.