Presentation on theme: "1. Imagine yourself at a depot. You are going away for a while, and you think traveling on this type of mass transportation will be an exciting new experience,"— Presentation transcript:
1. Imagine yourself at a depot. You are going away for a while, and you think traveling on this type of mass transportation will be an exciting new experience, as well as a time to think. Describe your transportation.
2. You dont much feel like company however, so as you board your transportation you search for an empty space. You pass through several occupied spaces before finally finding one you can have all to yourself. Gratefully, you plop down in a seat and start to relax. Describe your space.
3. Much to your dismay, however, less than a minute later a stranger enters your space, shattering your solitude. Describe this stranger.
4. The stranger is holding something that catches your eye. What is the stranger holding?
5. You are annoyed by this stranger intruding on you. You hope you can at least avoid conversation. To discourage any talk, you look out the window. Describe what you see out the window.
6. As youre looking out the window, youre thinking about why youre on this trip. Why are you here, and where are you going?
7. The stranger interrupts your thoughts to ask a question. What does the stranger ask? 8. You give a brief reply, and then pointedly turn your attention back to the window. How do you answer the stranger and what are you thinking about after this brief exchange?
9. Bored with the scenery, you get out a book youve been wanting to read or reread. You begin to peruse the pages. What are you reading, and why are you reading it?
10. As you try to read you become uncomfortably aware that the stranger is staring at your feet. You look down and realize that something that embarrasses you is lying next to your feet. What is it?
11. You want to distract the stranger from examining your feet any longer, so you turn the tables and ask him or her a question. What do you ask?
12. Write a short dialogue that proceeds from your question.
13. After the conversation, you turn inward again. What are you thinking about now?
14. The stranger suddenly gets your attention by doing something shocking or startling. What does the stranger do?