Presentation on theme: "Reduced EDCT Window CDM A&D Meeting December 13, 2000 - CDM Meeting Daytona Beach, FL Presented by Roger Beatty - AAL SOC."— Presentation transcript:
Reduced EDCT Window CDM A&D Meeting December 13, CDM Meeting Daytona Beach, FL Presented by Roger Beatty - AAL SOC
1) The reduced EDCT window test evaluation plan metrics and data collection > Have we identified the correct metrics? > Do we have a reliable method of collecting the data? i.e. MIT reductions, FAA missed EDCTs reasons > What airline data is required and how do we collect it? i.e. Gate Out times, New EDCT request times > When data is collected, what results are acceptable? 2) The reduced EDCT window test plan evaluation team participants > How active do airlines want to be in data collection and analysis? > Which airlines or organizations (ATA, RAA?) are willing to contribute time and effort?
3) Adjustments to Slot Swapping (SS) Software minimum move-up time window > Are airline move-up windows set realistically for all airports? 4) The use of airline SS Software for delay management > Expectations that airlines will be diligent in finding new slots for delayed flights using their own slots and SS Software > If airline delay info sent but company slot available and ATCSCC elects not to compress, what is the result? 5) Changes in Airline ATC Coordinators procedures > Will the Airline ATC Coord. be the POC for missed EDCTs? > If the Tower negotiates a new EDCT how is the airline advised? Through FSM? Message? Phone call? Pilot? > Will the Airline ATC Coord. be required to log any information?
6) Review of how flight crew and station personnel receive EDCT revisions > How do we do it now? 7) The increased importance of airline predictions of gate departure time > Who enters your ETDs and how are they calculated? 8) Station personnel procedures and training on revised EDCT compliance > What procedural changes or training will be required 9) Cockpit crew procedures and training on revised EDCT compliance > What procedural changes or training will be required: ACARS, Missed/Denied EDCT window request, etc.
11) Review of ATC (Tower, ARTCC and ATCSCC) and airline procedures for obtaining a new EDCT when window exceeded > Pilot / controller terminology > Revised EDCT negotiation process 12) Review of ATC training documents for the reduced EDCT window test > Finalized document not yet available but discuss concepts, structure and training audience 13) Review of the proposed revised wording on the "Trust but Verify" concept > Final print version not yet available but discuss conceptual changes
14) The possible interactive effects of the simultaneous deployment of Simplified Subs Rules (SSR) and the reduced EDCT compliance window test > While the two initiatives do not directly interact, but since the deployment of both are scheduled for 01/01, will it: a) be too hard to determine if SSR or the EDCT window test effected changes in GDP operation and data? b) place an undue strain on winter operations due to so much change in airline operational procedures? 15) The possible development of a generic airline industry training package for both flight and ground personnel > Are our operations (station, flight and AOC personnel) sufficiently similar to allow for common training? > Who will do it and how are they compensated?