Presentation on theme: "Supporting and Empowering the Women of Greece since 2006. www.winhellas.gr."— Presentation transcript:
Supporting and Empowering the Women of Greece since 2006. www.winhellas.gr
CONTENTS 1.INTRODUCTION 2.MISSION 3.GOALS 4.BREAKDOWN OF FUNDING 5.ORGANIZATIONAL CHART 6.PUBLIC AWARENESS CAMPAIGNS 7.RECOGNITION AND AWARDS 8.PAST AND PRESENT SPONSORS AND SUPPORTERS
1. INTRODUCTION W.I.N. HELLAS: is a Non–Profit/Non-Government Organization which is officially registered with the Greek Ministry of Health and Social Solidarity*. was founded in Voula, Greece, in September of 2006, by Maria Daphne (Mada) Tsagias-Papadakos and a group of five Executive Founding Members. offers essential support to victims of all forms of abuse, through a network of professional specialists (psychologists, psychotherapists and trained speakers). *National Register of Private Non-Profit Social Care Providers 09112AEE11096G87N/1135 and Special Register of Voluntary Non Governmental Organizations/09112AEE11096G87N/1019, Ministry of Health and Social Solidarity
1. INTRODUCTION W.I.N. HELLAS: provides information, psychological and counseling support, through specialized educational programs and a telephone support line. assists women seeking information about emergency shelter homes and provides legal advice and information on available legal and support networks for victims. participates in several public awareness campaigns to educate the Greek public about the issues of gender-based violence and abuse. currently boasts a membership of over 5,000 members supporting this cause.
2. MISSION The Mission of W.I.N. HELLAS is to inform, educate, counsel, advise protect, and lobby for and on behalf of the victims of emotional, financial, physical, sexual and professional abuse.
2. MISSION Inform Women Through Telephone support line and Special Events Educate Women Through Psychological/Social Programs Counsel Women Through Professional Information and Guidance
2. MISSION Advise Women As to their legal rights as victims Protect Women With the support of the Greek Authorities Lobby for Women By cooperating with the Greek Government
2. MISSION Since 2006, 18 programs have been attended by over 780 participants. Each psycho-educational program consists of 15 weekly, two-hour seminars offered free of charge. The program, A NEW BEGINNING (How to Care for Myself), is currently offered at four locations in the Greater Athens area. This program was exclusively commissioned by W.I.N. HELLAS and edited and written by a team of professional psychologists and counselors.
2. MISSION W.I.N. HELLAS Program Graduation Ceremony
2. MISSION Since June 6, 2012, W.I.N. HELLAS has assisted over 70 women through its legal and psychological guidance support line. The W.I.N. HELLAS support line (11707) offers legal advice and preliminary counseling to victims of abuse throughout Greece. This support line is a public service and is offered free of charge to all women in need of the service.
2. MISSION W.I.N. HELLAS has worked tirelessly with the Greek media to inform the Greek public about the work of W.I.N. HELLAS and the various public services the organization provides. The main objective of the media coverage is to educate women as to their legal rights with regard to abuse against women.
3. GOAL The Goal of W.I.N. HELLAS is to offer more locations for its specialized programs in the major urban areas of Greece.
5. ORGANIZATIONAL CHART EXTERNAL ASSOCIATES GENERAL MEETING OF MEMBERS BOARD OF DIRECTORS MENTAL HEALTH CARE PROFESSIONALS COMMUNICATION & ORGANIZATIONAL MANAGEMENT LEGAL CONSULTING COMMUNICATION CONSULTING SPONSORSHIP CONSULTING ACCOUNTING CONSULTING ADMINSTRATIVE SUPPORT
6. PUBLIC AWARENESS CAMPAIGNS Celebrity Beach Volleyball Match June 2011 T-shirt campaign July 2009
6. PUBLIC AWARENESS CAMPAIGNS W.I.N. HELLAS Calendar 2011 The aim of the campaign was to inform the Greek public about the prevention and issues of abuse against women.
6. PUBLIC AWARENESS CAMPAIGNS LOVING LIGHT 2012 Summer Tour W.I.N Hellas and AVON toured 7 different cities of Greece to inform and educate the women and men of each city the mission of W.I.N. Hellas The cities that were visited in co- operation with the municipalities were : Kalamata, Halkida, Volo, Katerini, Giannena, Igoumenitsa and Patra. Approximately 3,500 people were informed.
7. RECOGNITION AND AWARDS W.I.N. HELLAS is recognized by the General Secretariat for Gender Equality of the Ministry of Interior for the action of violence against women. (www.isotita.gr). W.I.N. HELLAS submitted a memorandum to its proposals to the Commission for Gender, Youth and Human Rights of the Greek Parliament in September 2009.
7. RECOGNITION AND AWARDS February 2012 2 nd World Conference of Womens Shelters (Hosted by N.N.E.D.V.) Washington, D.C. Recipient of a US$ 60,000 grant from the AVON Foundation Global Belief Fund.
8. PAST AND PRESENT SPONSORS AND SUPPORTERS AVON HELLAS ALWAYS EVROIATRIKI EVROGNOSI ATHENS SYNTHESIS CENTRE ΚΟ.Δ.Ε.ΚΟ.ΜΕ.Π. ORCHESTRA «MIKIS THEODORAKIS» OFTHALMOS SPORTS CAR – PORSCHE TELEPERFORMANCE PC EXPRESS DARIUS CARPETS SKLAVENITIS SUPERMARKETS SERKOS JEWELLERY T-NETWORK THE AMERICAN COMMUNITY SCHOOLS TURKISH AIRLINES THE OFFICE OF U.S. AMBASSADOR DANIEL V. SPECKHARD D&W SEPHORA LIBERIS PUBLICATIONS (ΧΟΡΗΓΟΣ ΕΠΙΚΟΙΝΩΝΙΑΣ) MAD TV LIPTON ICE-TEA INTERSALAS CATERING GLOU ΟRIFLAME MYMOO HOLLYWOOD ENTERTAINMENT EUROGRETA – WOMAN SHOW VODAFONE CONTEL PUMA BODY ACTION INTERNATIONAL LIFE INSURANCE PHARMAPLACE-SYNCHROLINE NASIUGIC MUSEUM W.I.N. HELLAS would like to take this opportunity to thank all our sponsors and supporters for their generous support of the W.I.N. HELLAS mission.
Your consent to our cookies if you continue to use this website.