In a well coordinated school system, it is important that school principals attend to such matters promptly in order that each school may be an efficient unit. Supervision is an integral part of H.O.S duties and maintaining it in the form of a diary or register is an art. Through this presentation I humbly submit certain ways to maintain our SUPERVISION DIARY which may keep us ready to supply our seniors the facts/data without any prior notice, reply to RTIs, or this diary may work as ready-made reckoner for HOS.
SCHOOL I.D: TOTAL AREA OF THE SCHOOL: COVERED AREA: YEAR OF ESTABLISHMENT: C.B.S.E AFFILIATION NO: C.B.S.E CODE NO: D.D.O. ACCOUNT NO:NAME OF THE BANKTEL NO. PWFACCOUNT NO: NAME OF THE BANKTEL NO. PTAACCOUNT NO: NAME OF THE BANKTEL NO. UEEMACCOUNT NO: NAME OF THE BANKTEL NO. RMSAACCOUNT NO: NAME OF THE BANKTEL NO. DISTRICT OFFICE NO./E.O MOB NO. PWD---J.E/SDOs MOB NO. POLICE STATION TEL. NO. NEAREST HOSPITALS/DOCTORCONTACT NO. V.PLS/ SENIOR-MOST TEACHERS MOB. NO.
All the pages of this register must be numbered from 1 to till end. Then the INDEX should bear the name of the content/data and its page no. The index may be prepared according to the priority of an individual HOS or even alphabetically. It may appear like this: SR.NO NAME OF THE CONTENT PAGE NO. (1) Employees list 2 (2) Guest-Teachers List 3 And so on….
Then we may start enumerating our contents like this: 1.Employees-list: S.No ID Name of the employee/Design Mob. No. (1) Saraswati/principal (2)…………..and so on… 2. Guest-Teachers-list: Sr.no. ID Name of the employee/Design Mob. No. The details of their payments may also be written for our ready reference.
3.Vacancy Statement: S.no.Name of the Post Sanct. Filled. Vac. Remarks 1.PGT Filled by Guest Trs 2.And so on……. ……… 3.….. 4.… Total: Filled by G. Trs. 4. Class-wise strength: Class/section Strength Room No. Class Trs Name (B/G) The H.O.S may paste on this page the list submitted on line in the month of August. And then he/she may go on updating it after August Month…
5. Class-wise detail of SC/ST/OBC/MIN. Here also the list submitted on line may be pasted by cutting it to the size of the register. 6. List of Feeder Schools along with strength: 7. Saturation Point: (i) MCD school Dariyapur………..15 (II)…………. Nangal Thakran and so on…. The H.O.S may paste here the list of Saturation Point taken from MIS.
8. List of VKS Members with mobile nos. taken from MIS Here the H.O.S may keep writing the expenditure done under this head month-wise. Total Amount: 2,000,00 August: September: October: And so on…….. The Balance amount month-wise may also be written. 9. Result of Class XII C.B.S.E Board Exams.(At least of 3 years): Class Year App. Pass Fail Pass% The list of students placed in compartment may also be written here SUBJECT-WISE:
10. List of Weak Students of Class-XII subject-wise: Subject: English: Names of Stds. 1. AMITA 2… CASE RESULT: (At Least of 3 Years) The HOS may prepare it as follows: Class on Roll App Pass Fail Compt. Result% VI % VII VIII IX XI OVERALL RESULT- %
12. School-wise Allotment and Expenditure Report (Plan as well as of Non-Plan) The HOS may paste these lists taken from MIS. 13. Subsidy for School Uniforms to the Stds.: Under this Head the HOS may write the total budget allotted under this and the expenditure done thereof. Total No. of Beneficiaries:………… Total Amount Used:……………
14. Mid-Day Meal for children: Under this Head, the HOS may write the date of filling up of monthly report on trgmdm.nic.intrgmdm.nic.in July…….. August Apart from it, the following data may also be recorded. Name of the Agency supplying Mid-Day Meals: Payments made of the month of…: Date of Inspection done of the Kitchen: 15. CWSN Record Here the HOS may take out the print of this from MIS and paste it on the page. The following columns will be there: S.no. Name of the std with ID, Fathers Name, Address Gender, Class/Section, D.O.B, Type of Disability, Category:Gen/Sc/St/Obc/Min. Whether received any appliance under IE/IEDC. If yes mention year, IFCS code, MICR NO, whether the CWSN is eligible for Transport Allowance, Remarks.
16. PTA Members List and PTA Balance (month-wise). The date of Election of PTA members: Here the list may be pasted and month-wise balance may also be written. 17. VKS Members List (Expenditure done Month-wise) The list of VKS members may be pasted here taking it from MIS. Then month-wise exp. may be written here. We should not forget to take out the DISBURSAL ORDERS of all Welfare Schemes timely. We have to have monthly meeting of VKS as well.
18. Library Books detail& Sanction utilized. The total books of library may be written and care should be taken that we make entry of all these books on line. Under the Head Improvement of School Library we would be writing about its utilization date as well. 19. DBTB Books: Total books received from DBTB should be written and if any title is still pending, we may write that for our ready reference. We should be careful to distribute these books timely.
20. Free supply of Books& Stationery to SC/Min. Stds. 21. Free supply of Books& Stationery to OBC/Min. Stds. The separate allotment is done for free supply of Books& Stationery to SC/Min. Stds. and to OBC/MIN stds. We may distribute it accordingly and utilize the amount carefully. Again care should be taken for taking out the DISBURSAL ORDERS. 22. Ladli Scheme We know it is very beneficial scheme for financial assistance to a girl child. We should be careful for getting their registeration done timely and their Bank Account must be there. No. of total forms deposited and no. of forms accepted should always be written.
23. Yuva Club: To cull out the hidden talents of students/teachers, Yuva club programmes are organized and both the stds and teachers are encouraged to participate in various activities. The amount allotted under this Head must be utilized optimally and for the upliftment of the students. 24. Yuva (Out Station& Local Tour) The dates of cheques deposited in the Agency for carrying out local and Out-Station Tours should be written. The dates for consummation of these trips may also be written for a ready reference. Name of Tour In-charge should also be written. After the completion of tour an entry must be done in the FEED-BACK column given in MIS.
25. Yuva (Annual Day, Magazine) Under this Head the HOS may organize Annual Day and write its date. The school magazine is also expected to be issued on this day only. Total magazines received and distributed may also be noted down. Again the care must be taken for taking out Disbursal orders. 26. Promotion of Sports and Games Activities (Office Expenses): Now the separate amount has been fixed for the conveyance, refreshment of students and purchasing of Sports items. We may note down in this diary/register the total amount allotted and expenditure done thereof.
27. Free Transport Facility to Girl Stds of Rural Area. The HOS may write how many buses have been engaged, what are their routes and the no. of students going on each route. Bus No. Route Total Stds. 1. Nangal Thakran Harewali 57 3.………………… Lastly the total no. of students availing this facility must be recorded for our ready reference. Last but not the least the approximate expenditure done per month on the transportation should also be noted. 28. Provision of Pre-Primary and Primary Classes in Exiting Govt. Schools- supply &material): The school is allotted Rs. /10,000 to enrich the facility for primary stds. Educational kits, Story/drawing Books may be purchased under this head. Hence the date of its utilization may be recorded.
29. Status of total fans, tubes, bulbs (room-wise) This record will prove very beneficial for the HOS. It may be maintained as follows: Class Room No. Fans Tubes Bulbs 6A B …………………………………………………………… Total 34 rooms Eco Club The schools which are Eco-Club Members are allotted Rs. 20,000 per year for Eco- Club activities. Proper entries should be done in consumable and non-consumable registers for the material purchased. The pre- receipt and the utilization Certificate has also to be filled up, signed, and sent timely.
31. Furniture /Desk Status along with last condemnation date. This record may be maintained as follows: Room no. Class/section No. of Desks Chairs Tables Stools 15 6thA ………….. ……….. …… And so on and then the TOTAL of all these entries may be done. 32. Population Education: If the amount has been allotted for it then the record must be kept up- to-date.
33.Monitors Diary 34. Teachers diary The total no. of Monitors Diary and Teachers diary received should be recorded and their distribution should also be properly recorded. 35. Ueem/SSA/RMSA Record Now the separate accounts have been opened for both SSA and RMSA. SSA account is being used for payments of Guest Teachers kept under SSA. The detail of the teachers kept under this Head may be noted down in the register. Hence their account no, Bank no etc should also be recorded properly in our diary/register.
36. Vocational stream/amount allotted: Under Non-Plan Head some amount is allotted for incurring expenditure on Vocational Stream. The repair of gadgets, purchasing of stationery etc may be done. The total amount allotted for this purpose and the expenditure done on it can be written down for our ready reference. It may also be noted that proper entry in consumable and non-consumable registers must be got done and signed by HOS. 37. Cal-Lab The total no. of COMPUTERS, CPUs, UPS, KEY-BOARDS, MOUSES, and TELEVISIONS may be entered on this register. Projector etc must be entered in the diary. 38. Computer-Lab: Under this head, the total no. of computers got through under which PROJECT e.g CEP (V) must be recorded. Then the no. of CPUs, KEY- boards, mouse etc must be written carefully.
39. Science Practical done (month-wise): This list may be got from our Science Teacher and the list of practicals done in class IX and X may be noted down in this register. And if the school is having Science Stream in class XII then list of practicals done separately in CHEMISTRY, PHYSICS AND BIOLOGY may be recorded accordingly. 40. TLM Amount detail: The school HOS gets the TLM amount every year. Total amount got, distributed as TLM to teachers may be recorded in this register apart from the detailed account kept separately for this purpose. The utilization certificate should also be got signed by the concerned teachers.
41. Security/ Sanitation: The name of the Agency providing Security and Sanitation should be written down separately in this register. The payments paid up to the particular month may also be written down in it. It may be as follows: (A)SECURITY RAKSHAK SECURITY (Payments made till JAN.2013) (A)SANITATION) GORKHA SECURITY (Payments made till JAN.2013)
42. Bank Account Status: The total no. of students, the total no. of accounts opened may be noted down in this diary. It would help us if we write the detail like this as well: Total no. of stds Accounts opened in bank PNB=567 OBC=018 Panjab& Sindh Bank=28 SBI= 234 UBO=041 Total=888.
43. Disaster Management: Total equipments in schools possession e.g FIRE FIGHTING CYLINDERS, SAND BUCKETS AND EMERGENCY SIRON etc. Date of filling of these cylinders: Dates of Mock-Drill: …… Condemnation Record: Name of the Item Amount Date of Condemnation Science articles: Furniture: Sports Articles: Books written off:
45. Electricity Bill/ Water Bill/46. Telephone Bill The record may be kept as: Electricity Bill no. Month Amount Paid/Date 243 Jan / And so on…… NSS: --- The year of its implementation --- Total amount Received Amount utilized
48. Special Achievements (1) Special Academic Achievements: Indira Award-4 Stds 2012, (2) School: Won Zonal Best School Award-2012 (3) Sports: At National Level: Deepali Got Rs24000 Prize In Wrestling at National Level (4) Principal: Got State Award-2012 And so on… Inspection Done (Dates): Date Distt. Level Central Team 12/12/12 Distt level / yes
50. Any Other Information: Apart from all the points listed above the HOS may write some other information/data which may be deemed more important by him/her. But just keeping the record would never be self-sufficient, rather we will have to be vigilant and alert enough to update this diary regularly and implement the facts for the maximum upliftment and progress of our students and institution.