Presentation is loading. Please wait.

Presentation is loading. Please wait.

Make 2011 Count Robin Willis. There is considerable evidence to indicate the expectations of our future do, in fact, tend to create our future. Therefore,

Similar presentations


Presentation on theme: "Make 2011 Count Robin Willis. There is considerable evidence to indicate the expectations of our future do, in fact, tend to create our future. Therefore,"— Presentation transcript:

1 Make 2011 Count Robin Willis

2 There is considerable evidence to indicate the expectations of our future do, in fact, tend to create our future. Therefore, it seems reasonable to spend time determining specific, worthwhile goals that will move you toward your dreams.

3 The reason why most people face the future with apprehension instead of anticipation is because they dont have it well designed. John Rohn

4 In 1979, a group of Harvard MBAs were asked, Do you have clear, written goals for your future? 3% of the graduates had written goals and plans. 13% had goals but they were not in writing. 84% had no specific goals at all.

5 The 13% who had goals were earning, on average, twice as much as the 84% without goals. The 3% who had written goals were earning, on average, ten times as much as the other 97% put together.

6 Your goal is no longer just a thought. Ensures your future will be different than your past. Puts you in the drivers seat. Creates a balanced, focused person. Keeps you on track.

7 Spiritual - This might include : o Church involvement o Ministry/service to others o Fill in the blank____________________

8 Family - This might include : o Your relationship to your spouse o Development of your children o Your relationship to your parents o Fill in the blank _________________

9 Physical - This might include : o Health o Appearance o Exercise o Eating habits o Fill in the blank _____________

10 Career - This might include : o Ambitions o Income o Mentor relationships o Fill in the blank _____________

11 Financial - This might include : o Investments o Debt Management o Saving for retirement/college o Fill in the blank ___________________

12 Personal Development - This might include : o Knowledge o Continuing education o Self-improvement o Fill in the blank _______________

13 Social - This might include : o Community involvement o Friends o Fill in the blank _____________

14 Spiritual Family Physical Career Financial Personal Development Social A total of 3 yearly goals is realistic for most!

15 What goals will take you closest to seeing your life dream come true? Why is it important to reach these goals? What are the consequences if you do not achieve these goals? Are these really my goals or goals someone else would like me to achieve? Can I emotionally commit myself to finish this goal?

16

17 Specific Measurable Attainable Relevant Trackable and Timebound

18 Ask yourself What are you going to do? Use action words such as direct, organize, lead, develop, etc. Vague Goal: I want to be healthier. Specific Goal: I will walk two miles, three times a week.

19 Ask yourself, How will I access the results? If you cant measure it, you cant manage it. Unmeasurable Goal: I will eat better in Measurable Goal: I will eat two fruits and two vegetables every day.

20 Ask yourself, Can I reasonably achieve this goal? Look at your past performance, other responsibilities, timeframes, etc. to determine if your goal is realistic. Impossible Goal: I will run a marathon in Attainable Goal: I will run a 5K race and walk a 10K race in 2011.

21 Ask yourself, Why am I doing this and how does this goal relate to the long-term objectives for my life? The goals need to be relevant to where you are at this moment.

22 Ask yourself, What are my start and completion dates? Without a time frame, the goal is too vague and there will not be any urgency. Untrackable Goal: I want to lose 20 pounds. Trackable Goal: I will lose 2 pounds a week for an average of 10 weeks by exercising 4 times a week and reducing my sugar intake.

23 It takes as much time and energy to wish as it does to plan. Eleanor Roosevelt

24

25 To make each goal more attainable, you need to break it into small mini-goals or steps.

26 Include timelines with all action steps. Evaluate the tools you need to achieve each step. For example, a book or teaching tapes. Designate a peak time during the day/week to work towards the steps. Do not get distracted or diverted.

27

28

29

30

31 The greatest possession you have is the 24 hours directly in front of you.

32 Robin Willis


Download ppt "Make 2011 Count Robin Willis. There is considerable evidence to indicate the expectations of our future do, in fact, tend to create our future. Therefore,"

Similar presentations


Ads by Google