Presentation on theme: "– Silver Economy Network of European Regions Silver Economy Network of European Regions"— Presentation transcript:
– Silver Economy Network of European Regions Silver Economy Network of European Regions
– Silver Economy Network of European Regions Network Regions
– Silver Economy Network of European Regions Objectives Awareness raising and EU Sensitise EU policy makers, stakeholders lobbying: in the regions and support promotion of the silver economy Exchange of experience and Fields of action: empowerment of regions: -- T1: Active employment opportunities for older people 50+ / T2: Skills development and life-long- learning for older people -- T3: Ageing well at home -- T4: Regional strategies to prepare for demographic change Communication: Website, regular newsletter, leaflet, European conferences, papers & presentations Successful proposals: Supporting the partner regions in writing proposals for EU funding programmes
– Silver Economy Network of European Regions History (I) 2005: Establishment of a European Network First European Silver Economy Conference in Germany with Best-Practice Competition After NRW the Province Limburg (NL) creates an independent field of action and an own regional government unit on silver economy June 2005: Establishment of the European Secretariat
– Silver Economy Network of European Regions History (II) : Second European Silver Economy Conference 2006 in Maastricht (Limburg) Netherlands Third European Silver Economy Conference 2007 in Sevilla (Andalucia) Spain; Establishment of cooperations, consortia and development of European proposal outlines Successful European lobbying Submissions to European policy consultations March 2008: Formalisation of with membership fees and agreed workprogramme and financial plan for 2008 – 2010 Fourth European Silver Economy Conference 2010 in Limoges (Limousin) FR Successful proposals and project start: SOPRANO, AAMME, INCREASE, CommonWell, Culturemap, eSESH, INDEPENDENT, SeniorSport, Senior Enterprise
– Silver Economy Network of European Regions Work Plan Topic areas: –T1: Active employment opportunities for older people 50+ / 60+ –T2: Skills development and life-long-learning for older people –T3: Ageing well at home –T4: Regional strategies to prepare for demographic change Approach for each topic area: –Cooperation and exchange workshop with stakeholders and potential partners from regions –Establishment of European cooperation adding value to regional activities –Identification of appropriate European funding programmes –European partner consortium and proposal development and submission
– Silver Economy Network of European Regions Record of Success (I): Lobbying European lobbying activities led by NRW already since network founding, result: Successful anchoring of the Silver Economy at European policy level and in funding programmes involvement and contributions to policy consultation processes of the European Commission Invitations to expert workshops, aiming at future policy development of the European Commission in different topic areas for the ongoing and future programme period has been acknowledged as an accepted and reliable partner by and giving innovative impulses to the European Commission
– Silver Economy Network of European Regions Record of Success (II): Partnerships and Funding Several successful partnerships and project proposals with funding from European Commission funding programmes for partners from the regions. Start and operation of several European projects within different European funding programmes involving partners from regions. Budget range from approx to several million Euro per project, with funding rates ranging from 50%, 75% to 100%. The total volume of requested EU funding for partners from regions is approx. 10 million Euro. In total 4.7 million Euro funding could be achieved from the European Commission for partners from regions.
– Silver Economy Network of European Regions Record of Success (III): Export to Canada First contact to region of Nova Scotia at 3rd conference in Sevilla in 2007 Successful first Silver Economy Summit on May 13-14, 2010 at the World Trade and Convention Centre in Halifax, Nova Scotia, Canada was represented ummit.ca
– Silver Economy Network of European Regions Partnership is open to new European partner regions How to join? –Signing of Membership Agreement Declaration Contact: –Ministry of Health, Equalities, Care and Ageing of the State of North Rhine- Westphalia: Claus Eppe Tel.: , –European Secretariat: Werner B. Korte Tel.: ;
– Silver Economy Network of European Regions Thank you for your attention!