Presentation on theme: "1. 动名词作主语 Reading in bed is a bad habit. Planting trees can help to prevent the soil from being washed away by rainwater. 在下列句型中，我们可以用 it 作形式主语， 而把动名词放在句末。"— Presentation transcript:
1. 动名词作主语 Reading in bed is a bad habit. Planting trees can help to prevent the soil from being washed away by rainwater. 在下列句型中，我们可以用 it 作形式主语， 而把动名词放在句末。 It’s no good staying up too late at night. It’s no use talking to him about it. 2. 动名词作表语 His job is looking after these children. My favorite sport is swimming.
3. 动名词作宾语 1) 有些谓语动词后面接动名词或 不定式皆可，意思区别不大。 I began learning (to learn) English at the age of eight. Do you like swimming (to swim) in the sea? I love growing (to grow) flowers. They continued working (to work) after a short rest.
2) 有些谓语动词后面接动名词是一个意思， 而接不定式则是另一个意思。 They went on working in spite of the rain. After learning the new words, we will go on to study the text. They stopped talking when the teacher came in. He stopped to look at his watch.
3) 有些谓语动词后面只能接动名词作 宾语，不能接不定式。 I walked back into my office to avoid meeting her. Have you finished reading the novel? I enjoy playing chess in my spare time. He was considering writing a report to the headmaster.
4) 动名词还可以作介词的宾语 He left without telling anybody. Do you have any trouble (in) learning English? We must prevent (stop) the children (from) playing football on the street. I am looking forward to seeing you again.
1._______ (serve) the people is our duty. 2.It’s a waste of time _______ (wait) for him. 3.It’s great fun ________ (swim) in the sea. 4.It’s not good _______ (laugh) at people who are in trouble. 5.It’s of no use ______ (tell) him about it. 6.Please remember ______ (turn) off the light. Serving waiting swimming to laugh to tell to turn
7. I remember ______(see) him somewhere. 8. The thief tried ______(run) away when he saw the policeman. 9. You can try ______(write) with your left hand. 10. I didn’t mean _____ (hurt) you. 11. Teamwork means _______ (work) together with others. seeing to run writing to hurt working
12.Would you mind ________ (open) the window? 13.Your English will improve if you practice ________ (speak) and listening every day. 14.He is busy ______ (do) the housework. 15.He kept _____ (cry) when he heard the bad news. 16.I couldn’t help _______ (laugh) when I heard the funny story. 17.I’m afraid I can’t help _____ (fix) your bike because I have a lot of work to do this afternoon. opening speaking doing crying laughing (to) fix
18.He is very interested in _________(learn) English. 19.We are keep on ______(play) with children. 20.She is fond of ______ and _______(sing dance) 21.My grandpa is good at ______(tell) stories. 22.His ______(come) late made the very angry. 23.Would you mind my (me) ______ (open) the window? learning playing singing dancing telling coming opening
24.I am so sorry for _______ (keep) you waiting for so long. 25.Don’t laugh at others, because nobody enjoys ___________ (laugh) at. 26.He was afraid of ___________ (punish) by the teacher. 27.The girl spend as much time as she could _______ (learn) English. 28.He ran as fast as he could _______ (catch) the early bus. 29.He suggested_________ ( practice) speaking English in and out of class. having kept being laughed learning being punished toto to catch practicing
30.The knowledge is worth _________ ( study ) in modern society. 31.He was so lucky that he escaped ___________ (hurt ). 32.He is so young that he needs _______________ (look) after. 33.You should pay more attention to __________ (improve ) your spoken English. 34.We have got used to ________ (live) here. 35.We don’t allow ________ (watch) TV on school nights. studying being hurt looking to be looked improveimprove improving living watching
36. I don’t feel like _______ (eat) anything. 37. The building __________ ( build ) now will be a hospital. eating being built